Tuesday 30 May 2017

Tiger Woods Reveals the Strange Reason Why He Was Arrested for DUI





It really feels like things just can’t go smoothly for Tiger Woods. There was once a time when he could do no wrong, when he stood head and shoulders above the rest of the competition on the golf course.

He was considered synonymous with fame, success and prestige – and experts have called him one of the best golf players of all time, and one of the highest paid athletes of all time. Watching him play, it’s pretty hard to argue with that assessment. I can’t be the only kid in the the 90’s who bought a Tiger Woods golf game for the PlayStation, just because it had his name slapped on the cover.

But  things took a turn for the worse in 2009, when Woods’ infidelity and problems in his personal life eclipsed his career, after the National Inquirer alleged that he had several mistresses and has been having affairs without his wife, Elin Nordegren’s knowledge. This culminated in a memorable incident where Woods crashed his Cadillac SUV, colliding with a fire hydrant, a tree, and several hedges. Despite attempts to reconcile, his spouse filed for divorce in 2010.

Since then, sports fans have noticed a distinct loss of golf form, with Woods’ ranking falling to a low of No. 58 at one point, and after sustaining a back injury, he has struggled to regain dominance. On Monday May 29, Woods was arrested on suspicion on driving under the influence, and many longtime fans braced themselves for another bombshell. Yet now Woods has claimed that he had a legitimate reason for his arrest. But is it plausible?

Woods was arrested at approximately 3am on the Military Trail, south of Indian Creek Parkway in Jupiter, Florida, and was pulled over five minutes away from his Jupiter Island home The Woods (worth an estimated $83 million), after local bystanders saw him him “driving erratically, all over the road.” Woods was held for nearly eight hours, and eventually released at around 10.50am.

Yet now, Woods has claimed that, rather than being intoxicated as a result of alcohol abuse, his erratic driving was the result of prescription medication as a result of a back injury. Woods released the following statement in his defence: “I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications”.

He added: “I didn’t realise the mix of medications had affected me so strongly. I would like to apologise with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again. I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office for their professionalism”.

Police precinct spokeswoman Kristin Rightler has stated that a full police report regarding the arrest will be available later this week.

No comments:

The Oloja Blog Fan Box